Tuesday, September 13, 2011

3:40 a.m.


My eyes popped open at 3:40 a.m.  When this has happened in the past, I got up to go to the bathroom.  This time, I sensed that I ought to pray in the Spirit and then to move to the living room to pray out loud and to praise His name.  Prayer was an obvious activity in the wee small hours of the morning. 

I had an early appointment that morning.  I believed that the abrupt rising out of bed came about because of anxiety related to that.  I still have no idea why my eyes popped open when they did.  Regardless, prayer and praise was the thing to do.

We have some uncertainty in our lives, so when I say I prayed, I interceded for us – prayed for the love and power of God to be manifested in our lives and circumstances.   I praised our Father openly and prayed again in the Spirit.  I went on to declare scripture passages that addressed our circumstances.  The declarations were made in faith and praise.  Before long, I was remained of a verse from the Psalms I heard in my sleep a few years ago, but I still remember:

Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. 
-- Psalm 37: 4

This memory returning in the wee small hours of the morning while the mysterious anxiety was physically manifested with an uneasy stomach inside me is wonderful.  Truly, I am full of wonder when this verse is returned to me to convey truth that discloses the Father’s heart for me as if he were saying to me, “My son, go on and enjoy me.  Enjoy my will and heart and, most of all, my presence, and I will give you all that you desire!” 

Why did I awaken so early?  Why did I not fall back to sleep?  Are there other questions?  I know there are affirmations.  Our God is worthy of praise regardless of the hour.  Prayer and praise are worthy activities whenever my eyes pop open, and I will enjoy his presence, and my Daddy will give me all I desire.  Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment