Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Delegated Authority in the Gadsden Mall


In the gospel of Luke, there are two folks who are shown the infant Jesus when Joseph and Mary brought him there.  Simeon had the Holy Spirit (he must have been a prophet under Old Testament parameters) and was told he would not die until he saw the Lord’s Christ (Luke 2:26).  Anna worshipped the Lord and prayed day and night in the temple.  She was shown the infant and she went about and spoke about the child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem. (Luke 2:38)

I believe the timing of the coming of Jesus was predicated on the intercessions of Anna, Simeon and others.  I say this because of what we find in Exodus. 
The LORD said, “I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering.  So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians. . .”  – Exodus 3: 7-8

The Lord acts because of the cries of His people.  God can do whatever He pleases but He chooses to act through us in partnership.  God wants to partner with us to bring about great salvation and deliverance with many on this mountain at this time.

I want us to partner in faith for the good of many on this mountain at this time.  What a wonderful Christmas it will be for many!  Alleluia

One afternoon recently, my wife, our youngest teenage daughter and me visited the Gadsden Mall.  I eventually made it to F.Y.E.  I heard a woman telling another woman behind the register that she was heading for major bladder surgery next week.   I found myself pacing through the store waiting for my opportunity to speak to this woman and to pray for her.  Amidst my uncertainty about approaching her at all, I sensed deep within the following, “Don’t worry.  You’ll have another opportunity.”  I believed at the time that this was from the Lord because of the peace that came upon me in light of this impression.

I found April and Anna in the café in Books-A-Million.  I told them what just happened, and I described the lady in F.Y.E.  Anna told me in a whisper she was sitting right behind us.  I then told them that this is the opportunity. 

April and Anna went to the car.  I went to the woman who sat with her friend Mary.  My woman’s name was Betty.  I introduced myself and told her I overheard her in F.Y.E. and asked her if I could pray for her right there in the café.  I then told her about what I believed to be the Lord telling me that I would have another opportunity.  She said the two of them were women of faith and that I was obviously sent by God.  She had a series of physical ailments.  I put my hand on her shoulder and praised God for His care and love for Betty.  I prayed for healing and declared health and wholeness all over her, in Jesus’ name.

She told me that she was supposed to be dead in ’98.  I declared over her the fulfillment of her destiny in Christ.  Alleluia.

I said good-bye to them.  As I was walking through BAM heading for the door, I remembered how our Father is looking for His children to take their place as His delegated authority and partners to bring forth His Kingdom just like Moses and Simeon and Anna did.  I believe it happened again in the Gadsden Mall.

Again, what a wonderful Christmas it will be for many!  Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment