Friday, January 27, 2012

Delight Myself


Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
  – Psalm 37: 4

Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. – Matthew 6: 33

Anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
-- Matthew 10: 38-39

I’m just caught up in the reality that God is everything for me and to me – the fullness of the Trinity -  Father, Son & Holy Spirit.  God is everything I want and need.

I’ve been among Christians who confess that that mindset is destructive to the mission of the church, and it just makes people in the church uncomfortable.   It’s fine to worship God, but get busy.

If I don’t delight myself in my heavenly Father than the heart desires of the hungry being fed and the naked being clothed and the lonely being visited will never be accomplished.

In seeking the goodness of God manifested in my life and through me to the world will provide the abundance that’s necessary to do all that’s important.  Seeking first His kingdom is putting God first in my passions and compassions.

This way of life will bring its own cost.  Do I accept the cross (cost) in order to find my destiny?   

No comments:

Post a Comment