Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Silent or Raw



She sits quietly and says nothing.  He walks in and can’t keep his mouth shut.  Your friend can’t help but share her heart.  Your neighbor always keeps to himself even when you initiate the conversation.  We’re all just a little bit different.

I read this morning from Psalm 62.  “For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation.  He alone is my rock & my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken” (vss. 1 & 2).  Then verses 5-7, “For God alone my soul waits in silence, for my hope is from him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.  On God rests my deliverance & my honor; my mighty rock, my refuge is in God.”

My soul waits in silence; then, “trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us” – Ps. 62:8.  One part of me waits in silence for my salvation.  Another part of me, in trust, pours out my heart to him.  Yes, that’s right.  “Well, which should I do?”  Yes.  Wait in silence and pour out your heart.  Cheese & crackers, you’re a complicated being.

We could be silent and not waiting, not hoping in much at all.  There could be the pouring out of one’s heart w/o trust but just unceasing expressions that fills the environment with raw emotion.

Wait in silence for God alone.  See, John the Baptist’s father should have known this prior to his open, expressed doubt that God was actually going to do a great work in him and his wife.  Gabriel shut his mouth until John was born.  “Zach, it was better for you to wait in silence.  The Lord has spoken.  Wait in silence.  He’s your salvation, rock and fortress.  Woohoo!” 

The Lord alone is my salvation.  I ain’t tossed about with quivering and shaking.  He’s it.  I’m his and He is mine.

At all times, I’m trusting in Him & pouring out myself to Him whom I trust.  He’s a refuge for all of us.  I’m safe to pour out myself to Him.  Why? Because He’s my refuge.  God’s a place TO BE.  In him, I trust.  Neither waiting nor expressing is done outside of relationship with Him.  He meets us where we are and how we are.  Silent or raw, it’s all good.  Love the Lord dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment