Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Left Hand In Hard Times



There are good days and hard days for us in this season.  This reminds me of a verse I received, I believe, from the Lord in a soaking/prayer time during a Methodist Supernatural School of Ministry session in February, 2011.
When times are good, be happy;
    but when times are bad, consider this:
God has made the one
    as well as the other.
Therefore, no one can discover
    anything about their future.
--Ecclesiastes 7: 14

This was a rich time in the Spirit.  First, when I received this verse in my spirit in prayer (it was just the location of the verse), I looked it up and thought I’d missed it.  This was just my imagination (one of my favorites from back in the day), and not the Lord’s voice.  In that same prayer time, April received a word she knew she’d received from the Lord, but it didn’t make sense, “Buy a farm.”  There have been few words or impressions from heaven that have shaped us so much. 

Second, five days later in 2011 I dreamed the Lord spoke to me, “Many people find the book of Ezekiel to be confusing.”  I then saw, “3 7 9.”  The rest of what followed I wrote in A Dream Anniversary, 2/26/14.  The bottom line is I missed a large degree of what the Lord wanted me to know in 2011 about what was coming.  Ecclesiastes 7: 14 spoke of what was coming, as well.  I wanted times to be good.  In regard to the Ezekiel dream, I wanted us to witness the outpouring of the Spirit, first, and not the God imposed stubbornness in me and the spiritual deafness of a congregation.  The stubbornness and deafness is what unfolded.  One year and nine months later, we left that church.

Anyway, when times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider . . .

Things have been hard.

A couple mornings ago I believe the Lord inspired me to read all the scriptures for the day in the Daily Office.  I don’t often do that.  I started with the morning psalm.  I then read Judges 3: 12-30.   

The Israelites were subject to Eglon king of Moab for eighteen years.  Again the Israelites cried out to the Lord, and he gave them a deliverer—Ehud, a left-handed man, the son of Gera the Benjamite. – Judges 3: 14-15a

This story of God raising up a left handed deliverer for Israel from the smallest of all the tribes and their enemies being defeated was exactly what I needed to hear.  Yea, God!  I then prayed and wrote in my journal, “Great God, raise us up a deliverer who will aid and fight for us.  I trust you and how you’ll bless us for your glory.” 

April, Anna and I sat in the master bedroom later in the morning.  Anna told us excitedly about her dream that night.  This isn’t a transcript of what she told us, but close.  She lived in a two story house similar to this one.  She had a friend visiting, but she never saw the girl friend’s face.  She was on the second floor which was a loft bedroom with her friend.  She heard an older woman in a wheelchair on the ground floor fussing at her.  She looked down from the loft and the scene shifted to what appeared to be a flashback of a family picnic, but she didn’t recognize anyone as her family.  As some were playing touch football, Anna was playing cards.  In the game, she held cards in her left hand and moved her arm in a fashion that was appropriate for the game.  With that, a mixed breed dog attacked her.  She then slipped out of the flashback and returned to the original dream. 

She was then on the ground floor sitting in the living room with April, the lady in the wheel chair and another mixed breed dog.  She received a text from me in a second loft bedroom demanding her to come see me.  She hid the phone from her friend next to her.  The friend asked, “You’re going up to see him?”  Anna was then crawling into the bedroom because the ceiling was so low.  I was in there in a preaching robe covered with white crosses.  She sensed I wanted her to stop spending time with her friend.  She then held playing cards in her left hand and did the same motion as before.  The dog from downstairs came through the wall and attacked her.  With that, she awoke.  When she did, she began to write the dream down.

We did our best to interpret some of this for her sake.  The girl friend appeared to be an angelic presence.  She’s dreamed of unknown girl friends bringing her blessings in the past.   Houses always allude to family.  The lady in the wheel chair who fussed at her and the image of me in a preaching robe symbolized the religious spirit (I was saying in a weak moment of cynicism the day before we should have stayed in the UMC).  An interpretation of the left hand is symbolism of wisdom and understanding.  The playing cards can be interpreted as truth.  She was attacked on three levels – verbally by the old lady we believe carrying a religious spirit who wanted Anna’s attention; environmentally by the religious spirit in my bedroom who wanted to stop hanging out with the angelic; physically by the dogs who attacked her when she held truth. 

April also had a dream she wanted to share.  She left a church and went into a bakery.  She got a donut but knew she didn’t have the money to pay for it, so she planned to steal it, thought better of it and stuck it into a cup of coffee.  She ended up paying for both, though both were ruined.  She walked to a street corner and was about to cross against the traffic light when two blue birds flew in front of her and stopped her from attempting to cross.  The blue birds symbolized divine peace and hope.  April was then encountering two sets of twins, the Olsen twins and the brothers from The Property Brothers.  April and the two twin sets had to split a meal of two pizzas.  At the end, the twins got theirs.  April’s pizza box was covered with flies.  The two blue birds and two sets of twins symbolize double portion three times over.  Three could mean copy or imitate or conform.  The flies symbolize curses. 

We then prayed together.  We prayed for a deliverer to rise up for us, the double blessings to be manifested.  We each, also, rebuked the financial curses and claimed prosperity to be our right as part of our inheritance.  All of us felt a shift in the Spirit.  We faithfully affirmed all day prosperity and provision are ours in this season. 

The next day I read Psalm 70: 4-5,

Let all who seek you
    rejoice and be glad in you.
Let those who love your salvation
    say evermore, “God is great!”
But I am poor and needy;
    hasten to me, O God!
You are my help and my deliverer;
    O Lord, do not delay!

That same day April found a verse I’d forgotten.  Long life is in (Wisdom’s) right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor – Proverbs 3: 16.

In the midst of hard days, I’m reminded of God’s faithfulness in our past.  We are then given fresh images and impressions that tell us we are in a fight, and we’re strongly encouraged to believe together for Our Deliverer to be our help and strength.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment