Sunday, August 17, 2014

Bruno

A day last week was full of spiritual highs in grace and love being shared with us, it ended with financial fears pushing hard on us.  As we have before, April and I agreed what we're facing is not just, yet we need to endure.  The next day I read from Psalm 118:
O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his steadfast love endures forever
. . . Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me in a broad place.
. . . I was pushed hard, so that I was falling, but the Lord helped me.  The Lord is my strength and my might; he has become my salvation.
-- Psalm 118: 1, 5, 13-14

I also read the hemorrhaging woman story in Mark 5.  One verse struck me.  For she said, 'If I but touch his clothes, I will be made well. (vs. 28)'  

The night before April dreamed of marrying a man fresh out of prison named Bruno.  She told me and shrugged her shoulders.  A little while later I looked up the meaning of the name in The Name Book.  Bruno means brown (she likes brown).  The spiritual connotation according to the book is "rich in God's grace. (I like rich)"  The spiritual connotation in the entry was, But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Phil 4: 19). This is all good.

Earlier than that I read a tithing testimony from a periodical I retrieved from the mail box after my morning walk.  I became passionate about sowing seed financially at church last Sunday out of a check given to us recently.  After reading scripture and looking up Bruno and sensing the passion to give, April and I talked about it and agreed to give in faith.  Of course, I'll use pennies (Hidden Treasures)!

With the woman from Mark 5 who sought to touch Jesus' robe in order to be healed, we tithed with passion in order to receive a financial breakthrough, and, be assured, I'll give testimony in this blog in the hours or days to come.

Regardless of what has pushed hard against us, we will and are praising and believing in the God that is rich in grace!  Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment