Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Revisiting Ezekiel

April came into the room where I sat one day this week.  She said she had a job interview scheduled for later in the week.  We both rejoiced.  Subsequently, as I listened to worship music from my laptop, I heard Brian Johnson from Bethel Church in Redding, CA sing spontaneously, "Where you see dry bones, he (God) sees an army."

The imagery in that phrase reminded me intimately of Ezekiel 3-7-9 in a dream back in February, 2011.  I wrote about that dream in an article posted on February 26, A Dream Anniversary.  In the article, I interpreted the numbers, at first, to mean chapter 37, verse 9 in Ezekiel, "Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on the slain that they will live."

Earlier this year, I realized Ezekiel 3: 7-9, though I missed it in 2011, was a set of verses that predicted remarkably for me what was to happen in my life and ministry in the months that followed that dream.  Despite this, Ezekiel 37: 9 was the verse that thrilled me and provided for me abundant optimism for what was to come in our lives.  When I heard Brian utter, "Where you see dry bones, he sees an army," that optimism arose again.

In a dream state several days ago, I saw "December 5, 2010" written on a lined page in a journal entry.  I looked back in my past journals and found on Dec. 6, 2010 I wrote about a particularly wonderful time of worship the day before.  The Presence of the Lord was heavy on me through tears and laughter.  Several folks expressed appreciation for me and the my message that day.  The Friday before, I said to April over dinner there was so much more to do at that church, but there would be ramifications for moving forward.

It was on the early morning of February 22, 2011 I dreamed "Ezekiel 3-7-9. (again, described in detail in A Dream Anniversary, 2/26/14)"  Ezekiel 3: 7-9 was what I read first.  The Lord communicated to me in these verses the "house of Israel" would not listen to me because they're hardheaded.  I will be as hardheaded as they were in the days ahead.  "They are a rebellious house."  I rejected those verses and focused on chapter 37, verse 9.  I missed what the Lord told me for those immediate days.

Back to considering December 5 in dream form several days ago. A day later, I sensed I needed to research December 5, 2012.  I looked up that date in my journal.  It was two years after the wonderful, powerful worship experience.  On that date, I had lunch with my district superintendent after a very contentious meeting with laity from the church.  The majority of them wanted me to pledge to behave and believe differently ("They are a rebellious house").  I refused and told my D.S. on December 5, 2012 I was going to leave that church and apply for a leave of absence immediately.  That evolved into turning in my ordination as a United Methodist clergyperson on February 26, 2013. 

December 5, 2010 was evidently a powerful day in the Spirit.  February 22, 2011, 79 days later, I dreamed Ezekiel 3-7-9.  December 5, 2012 was the day I declared my intention to leave the pastoral ministry.  I'm left to wonder what is the significance of December 5, 2014. Perhaps after another two years, there's about to be another significant change dictated by the Holy Spirit for April and me. 

Brian sang, in effect, to me a couple days ago, "Where you see dry bones, he sees an army."  I believe Ezekiel 3: 7-9 was fulfilled two years ago.  We've witnessed dry bones, an arid spiritual season.  We know what it is to be in a wilderness. I now believe we've entered into the season of the fulfillment of "'Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on the slain that they will live.'"  We believe and rejoice!

After reading this, you may feel awash in dates.  Well, I just wanted to map out some inspiration linking with some prophetic revelation through my dream life.  All of this communicates how the Lord is speaking to me.  Looking at all this, are you wondering how the Lord is speaking to you and conveying what your destiny is to be or are you not paying attention?

My business in this blog is to fulfill what I believe God has directed me to do:
  
Write this down for the next generation     
so people not yet born will praise God:
God looked out from his high holy place;
    from heaven he surveyed the earth.
He listened to the groans of the doomed,
    he opened the doors of their death cells.”
Write it so the story can be told in Zion,
    so God’s praise will be sung in Jerusalem’s streets
And wherever people gather together
    along with their rulers to worship him.
-- Psalm 102: 18-22, The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment