Friday, January 16, 2015

Psalm 102 In The Message - A Review


Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God:
“God looked out from his high holy place; from heaven he surveyed the earth.
He listened to the groans of the doomed, he opened the doors of their death cells.”
Write it so the story can be told in Zion, so God’s praise will be sung in Jerusalem’s
streets and wherever people gather together along with their rulers to worship him. 
-- Psalm 102: 18-22

While I sought the Lord's direction at a time listening for a voice from heaven, I read some verses from
Psalm 102 in The Message translation. It was God's heart. It was God's voice. He surveys the earth,
hears groans of the doomed and opens their cells to freedom. Tell the world what the Lord has done and is always willing to do.  Alleluia. 

This revelation so blessed me. It gave me a picture of my Father who so loves me and so loves everyone.
A few months ago in reading these verses again and feeling nostalgic, something dawned on me. 
The psalmist in The Message translation told me, "Write."  Again, the Spirit through the psalmist spoke
loudly to me, "Write!" 

I was already journaling to record what the Lord was doing and saying to us, and what we'd experienced. 
Now, the command to write was heaven sent. I'm suppose to record what's going on to inspire worship and praise for the generations to come.  So, I write.

This is why I blog.  This is why I journal.  I invite you to read my posts not because the writing is award worthy, but, because I want people to know what God is doing, and he can be trusted.

Alleluia.

No comments:

Post a Comment