Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Fulbright Dream

In a recent Facebook instant message conversation, I wrote to a friend of mine I know we've come into a new season.  He asked what God had conveyed to us about this new season.  I just said I knew a new season had begun by virtue of what he's shared with us in encounters and experiences, dreams and impressions.

January was clearly significant, and what happened recently fulfilled what was dreamed then.  I write this now to fulfill the mandate on my life to record what God has done to inspire worship in generations to come.

The morning of January 19, as I wrote about dreams and days in January and composed a prayer, I listened to worship from Bethel Church in Redding, CA the night before.  As I worshiped and wrote, I was surprised, surprised by the Presence.  The Presence of the Lord overwhelmed me repeatedly.  April came in and found me singing and crying.  It was wonderful.

After the worship set ended, I went into the bedroom to get ready for a shower.  I kissed April and felt overwhelmed again with laughter and tears, but there wasn't any music.

I made it into the shower.  As I washed, I prayed for those who've influenced me over the years.  I didn't go any further than Bill Johnson.  I prayed in agreement with passion for anything he prayed for in that moment.

I remained in the shower and recalled the Lord saying to me years ago when Karen S. repeatedly called me a prophet, the Lord said, "Jeff, what if you are?"  That morning in January in the shower, I began to cry again and recalled saying years ago, "Then I need people to be sent into my life to teach me what it is to be a prophet."  As I remembered this, the thought came to me as I stood in the shower, "I am a prophet!  If I was a prophet back then, God needed to bring people into my life to teach me."  Soon after that, Bill Johnson came into my life through CDs from Cinde Lucas.  I haven't been the same since.  The Presence of the Lord overwhelmed me again in the shower. Funny. Alleluia! Selah!

Around this time in January I read about a budding mega-church growing in Albertville.  After reading about it, a sense of jealousy arose in me.  I stayed there spiritually as I went to bed that night.  The next day, I came to my senses and honestly confessed to myself I'm not a mega-church pastor.  That's not my calling. Days before, God brought back to me  my calling and gifting as a prophet, and I received it with joy.  I'm not to be a pastor in the seasons to come (the remainder of my life), but a prophet and apostle.  May the Lord bless richly that congregation and leadership for what is to come in love, power and glory.  May the same be true for April and me. 

Back on January 31, I wrote in my journal of dreaming two nights before. "I dreamed of a clear thought overcoming me as the visual in the dream was of a computer screen tallying two columns of figures amounting to 90,000 (of something).  The clear thought (I can't say it was a voice) was Eli had won the Fulbright Scholarship he'd applied for months before.  This woke me up from a dead sleep.  It was the middle of the night.  I thought about waking April and telling her, but I fell back to sleep."

Monday night, Eli called April and me separately.  He told us he's been awarded the Fulbright Scholarship.  He'll study in England for a year in Leeds.  April, first, text me while I was at work to call her when I had a chance to hear some good news.  While I dragged a pallet jack behind the store with a younger colleague of mine, I called her.  She told me the news first.  Eli called me earlier, but I missed the called, and he left a voice mail.  I called him on the way home from work. He giggled as we celebrated together over the phone. This was the fulfillment of a lot of work and practice on Eli's part.  He was unable to express all his joy.  We're very proud of him!

I dreamed he was awarded the scholarship months before.  A couple weeks ago when we were in Tampa to see Eli perform at his senior recital, I told him about the dream.  I said I believed the dream was from God, but we'd have to wait and see what was going to happen.  Well, to our wonderful surprise, it was a prophetic dream come true.

In those days in January, I was refreshed with a series of encounters with God that renewed my spirit.  I needed to be refreshed as a prophet.  Was this the only way I'd have the dream telling me Eli was to receive the scholarship?  I don't think that's the way this works.  I'm just amazed by God.  I experienced a renewal of my prophetic gifting through encounters with Holy Spirit.  Then I had a prophetic dream that was manifested two months later.  I told Eli, again, about the dream as we laughed together on the phone as I drove home that night. Also, I told him seeing this dream fulfilled helps my faith.  He laughed.

It's true.  My faith has been refreshed.

We've had a lot of dreams and spiritual impressions since Christmas.  What's the next fulfillment of what's been conveyed to us?  I believe there's more to come.  In the meantime, we look forward to visiting Eli in England and celebrating Christmas in the land of John & Charles Wesley.

No comments:

Post a Comment