Friday, June 19, 2015

Forgetfulness Removed

While driving home from work one day last week, I stopped by to see April's uncle at the hospital.  As I neared the hospital, I recalled visiting a woman from Albertville at Marshall South Medical Center in Boaz six years ago.  She'd been diagnosed with cancer.  I shared with her being prayed for by a Portuguese speaking Brazilian bishop at a conference in Pennsylvania.  He imparted to me what he had.  I prayed for her after I shared.  Days later after a blood test, no cancer was found.

I hadn't thought of that in years.  It was cool it came to me as I was about to visit Randy. I told Randy & Tawanah, his wife, April's aunt, that story and prayed for him the same I did for Pat.  They received it in faith.

When I shared this with April she reminded me of when I was prayed for by the bishop. He declared over me women with cancer will come to me asking for prayer, and they'll be healed.  I'd forgotten.

This week, Doug Addison posted on his blog this is a time of major transition.  "There will be another major spiritual shift in June, and 'June gloom' will lift and the fog of forgetfulness will be removed.  God will begin to bring to your memory promises you have forgotten.  This will set the pace for the rest of the year (and) for things to 'fall into place' in the fall."

One of our friends in Albertville reposted Doug's blog post on her Facebook page.  When I read it it prompted me to recollect all this again.  June is bringing back promises and memories, prayers, declarations and ministry.

When I was writing the previous post for my blog I included a quote from Isaiah 66: 8, "Can a nation be saved (born) in a day?"  I was writing on June 16, and I looked up this verse in my NIV.  I found verses 7-9 highlighted, and the date 6/16/11 written in the margin. It was exactly four years from when the Spirit originally shared with me those verses and finding them again.

Verse 8 echoes the power of a single day.  Most of all, the discovery of these verses brought to me four years ago today affirm this month being a time when things are remembered.  Alleluia.  Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment