Saturday, January 30, 2016

Close to the Edge

April and I received prophetic prayer on a Friday night in November at King's Way Church in Birmingham from members of the church who were called to pray over others.

A woman came to April.  She shared with April words of knowledge - you'll make your living with your mouth, you have a light in your mouth from God, and you have discernment.  The woman then told April she will see people come to her.  They'll be drawn to her.  April sensed an awakening within her of seeing herself as Debra, the judge (this same connection with this Old Testament judge was expressed by others to April before).  In scripture, people came to Debra for prophecy and judgments.

A woman named Debra (ironic?!?) spoke to me.  She said over me - deep calls to deep, there is more to come to you, you're standing on the edge of the abyss, take a step, you have a deep calling in God, a current will carry you quickly when you step into it, you'll be trail blazing, going where you've never been before.  She hugged me repeatedly.  She stood behind me as I sat overwhelmed after worship.  At one point, she told me to look at her.  She looked in my tear-filled eyes.  She then said, as she hugged me again, she wanted to see what was going to happen through me.  She said it was very exciting.

This evening brought us great encouragement.   We've learned after having such encounters or experiences to record what we've heard or seen.  We've received such encouragement before.  Its important not to take it for granted.  In addition to having such experiences, we've also had dry periods and seasons when such words or declarations we're hard to come by.  In such times, our records of such experiences were handy, and we've gleaned through them to keep us grounded in faith and hope.

This experience in November caused our faith and hope to overflow.  Since, when we've had dry and discouraging days, we've reminded each other of these words.  Our destinies are grand and deep in God.  For myself, I've taken these experiences and words and others, as well, and used them in prayer, thanking God for such declarations and reminding my heavenly Father what the Spirit has said to us (Psalm 119: 49, 50), and what only he can do to fulfill these outrageous declarations for us and through us.

This experience has come back to me recently because of a re-connection with an album I haven't listened to in ages but has returned to me through Spotify.  I was using the app recently.  In doing so, I considered searching for albums and artists I haven't listened to in ages.  The album, Close To The Edge, by Yes, came to my mind, and I found it on Spotify.  My brother gave it to me on my birthday many years ago.  I've always enjoyed its synthesized, mystical qualities.  Its terrific.

As I was listening to it again yesterday, the title of the album finally connected with me in light of last November's experiences - Close To The Edge.  We're close to the edge. I'm one step away from falling and being carried into a deep, deep calling in God.



The lyrics are truly mystical and cryptic, but they do ring true the images of journeys, past experiences and mysterious futures in the midst of wrestling with what is current:
Crossed the line around the changes of the summer
Reaching out to call the color of the sky
Passed around a moment clothed in mornings faster than we see
Getting over all the time I had to worry
Leaving all the changes far from far behind
We relieve the tension only to find out the master's name
Down at the end, round by the corner
Close to the edge, just by a river
Seasons will pass you by
I get up, I get down
Now that it's all over and done
Now that you find, now that you're whole
Are there ties of this album with recent dreams, experiences, prophetic words, etc ("It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings" (Proverbs 25: 2))?    

Before Christmas, in a dream, I saw a t.v. or monitor screen that had on it a slide picturing a sunset with the date, February 29, 1972, imposed on it.  I looked up the date.  Nothing significant happened in history.  I recollected nothing in my personal or family history on that date.  It was leap day in a leap year.  2016 is, also, a leap year, so, there will be a 2/29/16.  The difference is 44 years.  Four is a symbol of the Holy Spirit, the heavens, angels or God's created intelligences.  When numbers are doubled, it denotes emphasis and certainty.  Something is in the offing, I believe.  Regarding this album, it was released in 1972, 44 years ago.

All of this, subtly or concretely, communicates to me we're in a new season of growing momentum heading for multi-dimensional, multi-experiential manifestations of the glory and purposes of God in Christ Jesus.  We're going to be a part of it.  We're close to the edge, and we invite your prayers, faith-filled participation and joyous expressions of praise to our God who will, again, be made famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment