Thursday, January 28, 2016

Your Heart Is My Desire

I was recently encouraged to make a simple slide-show video for an old Pentecostal praise chorus.  I became familiar with it through Bill Johnson who sang it spontaneously at the close of a sermon he preached in December, 2012.

I wrote a post last year, Some Days In January (1/26/15), where I described an encounter I had with God years before.  As I had personal Bible study on the subject of prophets in the Old Testament, I recollected a conversation I had with a church member regarding prophets and if there were any today.  In the conversation, I was left uncertain if there were any.  As I recollected this in my personal study time, the Lord spoke to me plainly, "Jeff, what if you are a prophet?"  If you're interested, you can read the complete account in the post, Some Days In January (1/26/15).  This encounter led me to Bill Johnson.

In honor of the man who was brought into my life years ago by the Lord, I write this post and embed the video.



As I find myself writing this, creating the slide-show video and posting all of it, I'm encouraged to believe afresh we've entered a new season of glorious manifestations and new steps into a new spiritual reality where we will encounter God anew and witness his love and power in and through us to others like never before.

I was led to Bill Johnson. He taught and encouraged April and me through his messages and testimonies to "pursue love and strive for the spiritual gifts, and especially that you may prophesy. (1 Corinthians 14: 1)"  The kingdom of God has truly come near to us because of what we've encountered and experienced through Bill.

This song is posted in honor of what Bill carries and how he's blessed us over the years.  Also, this song utters a prayer from all of us.  This new season is the beginning of a wonderful outpouring of God's love and power.  As we sing, we pray and believe.  The Lord's heart is our desire.

Pour out your spirit,
Answer by fire,
Show forth your mercy,
Your heart is my desire,
Your heart is my desire

No comments:

Post a Comment