Thursday, July 27, 2017

Pens From Heaven

After several weeks of being quiet in the blogosphere and limiting my writing to journaling, I felt inspiration return to me this week after seeing an article in Charisma Magazine.  It was a blog post from Bill Yount, a prophetic word.  It brought great encouragement to me in light of what I was told years ago, and what I was told to do, as well.

I saw gold pens falling out of heaven onto the earth as though they were being thrown by the angels like javelins into the hands of unknown people. I saw these pens turning into spears and swords as they fell into these hands. As their fingers began to write, books, songs and poetry were becoming lethal weapons to war against the enemy!
Psalm 144:1 was being activated throughout the earth: "Blessed be the Lord my strength, who prepares my hands for war, and my fingers to fight."
In the Spirit, I saw huge warehouses in heaven that appeared to be full of books, songs and poetry. I noticed these books had no titles on their covers or any words written on their pages. These were wordless books, blank bundles of sheet music and empty pages of poetry stacked high to the ceiling. A sign was over the huge door that read, "Stationery to Be Released and Published in the Final Hour Upon the Earth."
I heard the Father give a command to the angels: "Empty those warehouses and deliver to the earth! There are books yet to be written, new songs yet to be sung, poetry yet to be recited that will woo hearts back to Me. Drop the pens down first and empty those warehouses!"
I heard the Father say, "I'm releasing a 'scribe anointing' upon the earth!"
When we still lived in Albertville and pastored a house church after leaving the United Methodist Church, I was reading Psalm 102 in The Message paraphrase and the word "Write" jumped out at me.  I was already journaling our experiences and encounters with God for years and Psalm 102 in The Message, verses 18-22, was already imprinted on my soul.  That morning, however, I was given a new addendum to my calling in this world.  I believed then I was responsible to write with divine purpose.  Something was reborn in me.  When I read Bill's description of pens coming to earth for the unknown recipients to become scribes with anointing from heaven, I thought, "Well, of course."

I then recalled a trip to Atlanta in 2014 with family to worship at Bethel Atlanta. We arrived and found out they offered prayer by those with prophetic gifting.  All of us received prayer and some words from sweet folks.  One of these folks saw several notebooks on a table, and I was due to receive four or five downloads from heaven of great ideas that would outlive me.  
After a self imposed sabbatical from formally writing for public consumption and consideration, I'm reminded of what I've been told and promised.

Last week, I read one of the psalm readings in The Daily Office, and it gave me fuel for prayer these days.  Psalm 119: 33-40 gave me petitions to bring before the Lord - teach me, give me understanding, lead me, turn my heart, turn my eyes, confirm your promise.  I believe, as I'm writing this, the Lord has confirmed a promise to me through Bill Yount a promise to me.  The downloads are due to come to me still, and they have to do with my writing.

I invite you to stick with me as I follow inspiration or struggle with putting pen to paper and fingers to keys to record what God could be saying or doing in and through us these days.  I believe I'm one of the ones with a pen from heaven.  Join with me as we find out together.  Also, let me know you're out there reading this blog and praying for us.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment